Friday, May 2, 2008

My ORANGE Experience #1

The 1st thing I took away from this conference is that I am valuable in this ministry. Everything I do in the children ministry matters and that I am making a Kingdom difference. There was one guy in particular who cracked me up so much. His name is Lanny Donoho. He is so funny and he loves to dress up. He was Mr. Rogers, Batman, Andy Taylor, and a guy in a really out of fashion orange tux. Francis Chan speaks with so much passion and he really challenged me in different ways. He was talking about expecting the supernatural work of God – seeing work completed that was totally and completely only possible by God’s spirit, not by human engineering. It made me think about my faith and my relationship with God. I also loved Sue Miller's energy on stage. She is so sweet and when she speaks to volunteers, it is so evident the incredible passion she has for them. I got so many ideas from Jeffrey Reed, Donald Miller, and Sunny Williams. Orange Conference was so amazing and I thank God, FRC, Charlotte, and Nefertiti for giving me the opportunity to be a part of this amazing event. For me it was a life changing experience.

by Annette Mesa, Cooper City Saturday Night Host/DC Coach

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved what you mentioned about seeing the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit; it is a reminder that we are nothing w/o Christ! We need to take action for God to do something supernatural through us. We have to be prepared when we serve. If we aren't, it is an opportunity missed. But when we are prepared & we witness what God will do through us, we are taken back by his majesty! -- Deby M.

Anonymous said...

Annette, you have such gifts...thanks so much for sharing them with us! I am so happy that I have the opportunity to do ministry with you! And I had such a great time getting to know you better...thanks for sharing your heart with me! I wouldn't trade you for anything...except maybe a late night wake up call!

Love you girl,

Gina

Anonymous said...

it was an experience i would never forget and the bond that i made with people its priceless.I would not trade it for anything in the world FRC KIDS ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!