Saturday, May 3, 2008

My ORANGE Experience #2

Wow, this has been a week of firsts for me. My first time blogging. My first time flying (in a really, really long time). But must importantly, my first time going to the Orange conference in Atlanta. What can I say about the conference, other than it was AWESOME! I went with a really terrific group of people--several zany but loveable children’s ministry leaders from Cooper and Sawgrass (and of course, I was representing Doral). We were bombarded with so much information it was at times overwhelming. But, I can’t wait to put some of the great ideas into action. I have worked with children for many years in various churches, and I’ll admit that I was getting a little stale. No more! God has awakened in me a renewed fervor to reach the next generation (while they are still reachable). To, as they say in Orange, awaken their wonder to the marvels of our God; guide them to discover their own relationship with their Heavenly Father; and ignite in them a passion to share Jesus with others. Thank you, FRC, for including me in this great experience.

Sara Reyes, Children’s Ministry Volunteer, Doral Campus

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sara, it was such a pleasure getting to know you! I feel like I not only got to know you on this trip, but your amazing heart! Keep on keepin on!

-The proud to be "zany"

Gina

Marcy Ribeiro said...

Though I am a little late on catching up on my reading, i wanted to say Sara that I am so glad you went to Orange, to meet such awesome team mates from our other campuses, and for bringing that passion back and ready to put to practice. I love serving with you! And thank you everyone else for sharing all the wonderful things you have learned.

Mac said...

Had a great time at the conference with you and glad I got a chance to get to know you. I signed up on facebook but haven't really had a chance to do much with it yet (been sick) but let's all keep in touch (community).