Sunday, May 4, 2008

My ORANGE Experience #3

Let me first start by saying thanks to FRC for the opportunity to attend this awesome conference!

The #1 thing that I personally took with me from the Orange conference was passion. Hearing all of these wonderful speakers reminding us why we do what we do and why it is so important renewed the passion I have for all that we do here @ FRC Kids. There were so many memorable moments-some where I laughed so hard, it was hard to stop (thanks Lanny Donoho!), and many where I was moved to tears. More importantly, I got the opportunity to deepen my friendships with some and create new ones with others (each of these amazing people are pictured below) while we shared this experience together.

I have been feeling so very inspired and I know that the real challenge lies ahead...to find the ways (and time & energy!) to carry through on the many new ideas that came out of this experience.

I am sure in the coming weeks and months you will hear more about what we have learned. The future of the church and the world really are in the hands of our children. Think about that statement...what we do is THAT important! Sue Miller said something that touched us all, and I want you all to think about this one: How many times have you heard someone say they are "just a volunteer" or "just a small group leader"? How many times have you said it? How many times have you thought it? To the children, we are much more than that, to the parents and families of these children we are much more than that...to God we are much more than that! Now, I am going to repeat that same thought: The future of the church and the world really are in the hands of our children. What we do is THAT important!

On a more personal note, I want to challenge all of you to do something...maybe you have been thinking of taking a missions trip, maybe you have been thinking about diving further into the ministry, maybe it's joining a small group...to renew yourself and your passion in our ministry. It is so important! You see, I didn't realize how badly I needed to do something along those lines to re-ignite that passion and to renew my spirit & re-energize me.

Orange is a color of change...are you ready?

-Gina Asada, Coach, Cooper City Campus

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gina!

I could tell how excited you were when you were telling us Saturday night how much you learned and were moved by the conference. So much, you were turning ORANGE!

Just kidding, but I did see & feel your passion. I appreciate all your efforts and how much you care about us and literally thank us every time you see us. Reading yours and the blogs is pumping me up. I can't wait to hear more!

See you Saturday night!

Love, Candace

Anonymous said...

Candace,

Thanks so much for the kind words! 2 things: If I were truly turning orange, I wouldn't be too concerned, because it's a GREAT state of mind to be in & I truly feel like I don't say thank you enough! You are amazing and your gifts shine through so much when you are with these kids! Plus...you brought us a new small group leader (and a male one at that! those are worth double or even triple points in my book!). Seriously though, it is truly my honor and pleasure to do ministry with you and your husband, Terry!

Much love right back at you!

-Gina

Mac said...

Hey let's do another video; I'll be the goofy one this time (just kidding). Check out facebook and let's all stay connected. I've been sick or I would've been on here sooner. Let's all keep the excitement we had at Orange. It's all for Him & the kids.

Mac