Monday, April 6, 2009

35 Kids saved today!

35 Children asked Christ into their hearts today.

I can barely continue with the emotion that rolls over me as the realization of that sentence sinks in. I watched a look cross their faces as they explained what they Prayed for. I watched eyes twinkle and skin flush and smiles widen. It was amazing.

We take so many extra steps with these precious little people. We Pray hard for God's will to be done. We layer in detail over and over what it means to ask Jesus into their hearts, admit, believe, confess, with no chance of misunderstanding. We prepare them for others to not agree and stand strong. We go over in depth what tools we have prepared to share this with their parents.

As I had the pleasure of explaining to parents what happened today, I watched dreams unfold, eyes tear up, hands reach out, bodies be pulled into hugs, it's hard to describe.

I saw from the stage as they took into their hearts what Jesus went through being nailed to the cross. How His body was broken and His blood was shed. I could see them "feeling it", tasting it, making it their own, understanding, becoming one with Him. Incredible.

I can barely wait for Easter. Next weekend can't come soon enough!

We are so Blessed to be a part of this work. His work....



Blessed to Serve,
Debbie Sands
Children's Ministry Director

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING. I can truly feel your emotion as I read this post also...it brought tears to my eyes! God is doing some truly awesome things through FRC Kids and I am so excited to be a part of it! Can't wait to see those kids that make the baptism decision get baptised on Easter morning...as you know I am not a morning person, but nothing could keep me away from being a part of this!
Love, Gina